Educación y Sanidad
- Transformation of university libraries – Harvard University – visiting summer 2022
- Innovation in education – Fulbright Schuman visiting at Boston University (2012–13)
European Union Projects
- Scientific coordinator, value co-creation and social innovation for a new generation of European libraries (LibrarIN) (2022–25) Code: 101061516.
WB Group project (Education GP, work as staff member)
- UY Promoting Innovation to Enhance Competitiveness (2007–16). Uruguay (lending)
- Coordinator, Social Innovation in Health and Education services (2019–22). Spanish National R&D Programme.
Innovation in Education
- Rubalcaba, L. (under submission) Social innovation in education and policy implications
- Rubalcaba, L. (2022). Understanding innovation in education: a service innovation perspective. Economies 10 (5), 96
- Montes, O. and Rubalcaba, L. (2014) School choice, equity and efficiency: International evidence from PISA2012, Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación, Volume 9, 2014.
- Montes, O. and Rubalcaba, L. (2014) Human or Technological Resources in XXI Century Schools: An Empirical Analysis, Working Paper. RESER, Helsinki (Finland)
- Rubalcaba, L. (2013) Analytical framework for service and social innovation in education and the role of communities. Working paper, Boston University (mimeo)
- Montes, O and Rubalcaba, L. (2013) Empowering Principals, Teachers or Parents: Who makes a difference in education?, Working Paper. Spanish Economic Association Santander (Spain).
Innovation in Health
- Peralta A. and L. Rubalcaba (2021). A Meta-governance Model of Innovation Networks in the Health and Social Services Using a Neo-Schumpeterian Framework. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 18, no. 11: 6133.
- García-Goñi, M, Maroto, A., and Rubalcaba, L. (2007) Workers’ motivation in European health services. Health Policy, Vol. 84/2–3: 344–358.