European Union Projects:
- Scientific coordinator, value co-creation and social innovation for a new generation of European libraries (LibrarIN) (2022–25) Code: 101061516.
- Distinguished professor, social innovation and services (2012–14) TEKES. VTT, Finland.
- Coordinator, Social Innovation in Health and Education services (2019–22). Spanish National R&D Programme.
- Director, new metrics and indicators for social innovation, open innovation, and service innovation. Foundation COTEC (2018).
- Rubalcaba, L., Van der Have, R., Gallouj, F., Merino, F. Social innovation for transforming public administrations (ongoing)
- Merlin-Brogniart, C. Fuglsang, L., Magnussen, S., Peralta, A., Révész, Éva, Rønning, R., Rubalcaba, L. and Scupola, A. (2022) Social innovation and public service: a literature review of multi-actor collaborative approaches in five European countries Technological Forecasting & Social Change
- Desmarchelier, B., Djellal, F., Gallouj, F. and Rubalcaba, L. (2022) Inside the black box of public service innovation networks for social innovation: A Public Service Logic perspective. European Journal of Services Economics and Management 1(13)
- Gallouj, F., Rubalcaba, L., Windrum, P and Toivonen, M. (2018) Understanding social innovation in service industries. Industry and Innovation, 25:6, 551-569
- Van der Have, R., and Rubalcaba, L. (2016) Social innovation: an emerging research field? Research Policy 45 (9), 1923–1935
- Rubalcaba, L. (2016) Social innovation and its relationships with service and system innovations. In Toivonen, M (ed.) Service Innovation. Novel Ways of Creating Value in Actor Systems. Springer. pp 69– 93.
- Windrum, P. Schartinger, D., Rubalcaba, L., Gallouj, F and Toivonen, M. (2016) The Co-Creation of Multiagent Social Innovations: A Bridge Between Service and Social Innovation Research. European Journal of Innovation Management, 19 (2), 150–166